We’re entering our final weekend in the park for A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Chances are that you’ve heard a thing or two about our production (fairy sightings in Centennial Park….the drum circle our Music Supervisor Ed Haggard hosts every intermission…Obie the scene stealing dog of the Mechanicals) so we won’t go in to all the details. If the idea of fairies eating your dinner and taking selfies with your phone concerns you, here are 5 final reasons (according to a few faeries, Mechanicals and Athenians — you can see the other reasons here and here) why you should spend an enchanted Midsummer evening with us (with pictures!):
1. “You can sit with hundreds of other people and share the same dream!” — Denice Hicks, Midsummer Director and Nashville Shakes Artistic Director
2. “They shall see a show, within a show, unlike any show they’ve ever seen before entitled ‘Pyramis & Thisby’; by Petie Quince!” :)” — Apolonia Davalos, Titania
3. “The Queen of the Faeries has more beauty and energy than a thousand ordinary mortals.” — Ed Haggard, Music Supervisor
4. “Douglas’ Dog [Obie]…Douglas!” — Andrew Gumm, Puck
5. “You can watch Craige Hoover [Bottom] kill himself 8 times!” — Savannah Noelle, Helena
Midsummer ends on September 15th (Sunday)! More info here.